The Winx Stand
Royal Randwick Racecourse has an extensive history within Australia’s racing culture for over 150 years. The ATC has a vision to reinforce the reputation of the Royal Randwick Racecourse as a world class racing venue and leverage off the success of the world’s richest race, The Everest. To support this future, a new multi-purpose two-storey facility is proposed on the current Leger Lawn located at the southern end of the existing QEII Grandstand. The facility is designed to provide increased weather protection and significantly enhance amenity for general admission patrons on race days.
Overall, the proposed Winx Stand development is summarised as:
- Construction of a two-storey multi-purpose facility with an approximate total 5,043sqm GFA
- Level 1 outdoor terrace and balcony space.
- Maximum internal capacity for up to 7,500 patrons in Race Day mode.
- Food and beverage facilities.
- New Link bridge connecting to the QEII Grandstand.
- Associated landscaping and planting.
On the 13 July 2020, the Department of Planning, Infrastructure and Environment approved the final plans for the Winx Stand.
The approved State Significant Development Applications (SSD10285) are available to view here in the NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment website.
- A toll-free 24-hour telephone number 1300 729 668 has been established for the public to register complaints and enquiries.
- The ATC postal address for written complaints and enquiries: 77-97 Alison Road, Randwick, NSW, 2031.
- The ATC email address to which electronic complaints and enquiries may be directed: firstname.lastname@example.org