TAB EVEREST RISES TO NEW HEIGHTS AT ROYAL RANDWICK
October 11, 2023
Sydney’s world-famous Royal Randwick hosts the seventh running of the $20 million TAB Everest and a celebration of a thoroughbred racing and entertainment phenomenon this Saturday.
General Admission tickets at just $40 via theraces.com.au provides entry to Royal Randwick for a ten-race card, a post-racing concert from Australian act Empire Of The Sun in the spectacular Theatre Of The Horse and access to the new $46 million WINX Stand.
General Admission ticket holders and Australian Turf Club Members also have all public transport services – including light rail services directly to Royal Randwick – included.
Along with the $20 million TAB Everest, the richest race on turf in the world, Saturday also sees the inaugural $5 million King Charles III Stakes and the $2 million The Kosciuszko, all part of Australia’s richest day of racing.
Australian Turf Club Chief Executive Matt Galanos said TAB Everest Day has become an iconic event on the Sydney Spring sporting and entertainment calendar.
“The world’s richest race on turf at Royal Randwick brings a live racing experience unmatched in Australian racing,’’ Mr Galanos said.
“The electric atmosphere throughout the day peaks with the running of the TAB Everest as the crowd joins as one to roar the annual rendition of Sweet Caroline as the horses get to the gates.
“With public transport and a live concert after the races from Empire Of The Sun all included in a $40 ticket, TAB Everest Day is the year’s best value of any major event in Sydney.
“Royal Randwick is ready to host the world’s fastest horses and Sydney’s most exciting event in Spring.’’
The $20 million TAB Everest contains 12 of Australia’s best horses headed by:
• Overpass ($9 TAB) representing the Australian Turf Club and slot partners RAM Racing, trained by Bjorn Baker and ridden by Josh Parr, and owned by a syndicate of owners with Darby Racing.
• A Golden Eagle and TJ Smith Stakes champion in I Wish I Win ($4.50 TAB), trained by Peter Moody and ridden by Luke Nolen of Black Caviar fame, representing slot holder Trackside NZ.
• Warwick Farm trainer Joe Pride’s two runners – Think About It ($4.50 TAB slot holders Newgate and GPI Racing) ridden by Sam Clipperton and Private Eye ($6 TAB slot Max Whitby and Neil Werrett), who ran second in last year’s TAB Everest, to be ridden by Nash Rawiller. Both horses are managed by Proven Thoroughbreds.
• Godolphin owning two runners – In Secret ($17 TAB) ridden by Zac Purton for the slot holder and Cylinder ($9 TAB) for jockey Zac Lloyd and the James Harron slot
• Mazu ($17 TAB) – representing Triple Crown who owned dual Everest winner Redzel. Mazu is prepared by Redzel’s trainers Peter and Paul Snowden and will be ridden by Tommy Berry for The Star and Arrowfield slot
• Hawaii Five Oh ($17 TAB) trained by Gai Waterhouse and Adrian Bott with jockey James McDonald aboard for the Aquis slot. The stable also has Alcohol Free ($34 TAB) jockey Craig Williams for Yulong.
• Sydney’s 13-time Sydney training champion Chris Waller with two runners – Golden Slipper champion Shinzo ($15 TAB Kerrin McEvoy) for Coolmore and Espiona in his own slot for Star Thoroughbreds and jockey Hugh Bowman.
On a day full of racing highlights, several other innovative races on the card add to one of the biggest programs in Sydney racing history.
The $2 million Group 3 Feel New Sydney Stakes with a capacity field of 18 runners including emergency runners for The Tab Everest.
The $2 million The Kosciuszko featuring 14 NSW country-trained gallopers – the richest race in the world for country horses – and with a variety of slot owner agreements won via public ticket purchases.
The $1 million Silver Eagle – which provides ballot exemption for the first three placegetters into the $10 million Golden Eagle at Rosehill Gardens on 4 November.
For all racing, ticketing and general information go to theraces.com.au.
ATC MEDIA CONTACT:
Brett de Vine
0419 613 455
Recent ArticlesRead all news
$2 MILLION THE INGHAM CELEBRATES ICONIC RACING FAMILY AT ROYAL RANDWICK
The second running of the Group 2 $2 million The Ingham along with three listed…
ATC TO INVEST $5 BILLION TO FUTURE-PROOF RACING INDUSTRY
The Australian Turf Club (ATC) will invest up to $5 billion into racing and racing…