Royal Randwick has been in operation since 1833 and is a pre-eminent location for racing, recreation and entertainment in Sydney. Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, Royal Randwick attracted over 1.2 million visitors per year.
Since receiving approval for a nine-storey hotel in 2014, ATC has progressed its design for the Royal Randwick Racecourse Hotel (Hotel), reducing the building height by 2 storeys and emphasising its boutique offering.
The new hotel will be an exciting addition to the raceday experience for spectators and the community. The inclusion of the jockey club and other spectator-friendly facilities will enhance the racing experience for all. The hotel showcases sweeping views of the racetrack including the iconic Royal Randwick home straight.
The proposal includes:
- Construction of a seven-storey hotel consisting of:
- Approximately 190 hotel rooms across six storeys
- Spectator facilities and function facilities, restaurant and bar, and terrace
- Recreational facilities, including a gym and outdoor pool
- Club facilities, known as ‘The Jockey Club’, including a private lounge and gaming facilities (subject to a separate approval process and consultation)
- Construction of one level of basement parking consisting of 22 car parking spaces, loading dock and end of trip facilities
- Extension of the existing internal road to provide access to an undercover pick up/drop off facility
- Site landscaping.
Community information session
You are invited to attend our community information and feedback session. You can drop in, meet the team and ask any questions. The details are:
Date: Thursday 13th of April 2023 and Tuesday 18th of April 2023
Time: 6pm – 8pm
Location: Royal Randwick Racecourse, Alison Road Randwick, Malt Shovel Taphouse – entry via Gate 1 on Alison Road and proceed through Gate D, the Malt Shovel Taphouse is on the left.
Click here to view Royal Randwick precinct map.