2022 SYDNEY AUTUMN RACING CARNIVAL MEDIA RULES & GUIDELINES
The Australian Turf Club (ATC) and Racing NSW (RNSW) are the owners and organisers of the 2022 Sydney Autumn Racing Carnival programme which includes prizemoney and trophies of more than $37 million, including 18 Group 1 races, highlighted by the world’s richest race for two-year-olds, the $5 million Longines Golden Slipper (1200m), $4 million Longines Queen Elizabeth Stakes (2000m) and $3 million The Star Doncaster Mile (1600m).
The 2022 Sydney Autumn Racing Carnival at Rosehill Gardens and Royal Randwick runs from Saturday 12 March to Saturday 16 April.
By obtaining media accreditation to the Sydney Autumn Racing Carnival, approved applicants have acknowledged and agreed to the following terms and conditions.
Media representatives that breach these terms and conditions may have their accreditation revoked.
- All working media attending the Sydney Autumn Racing Carnival must hold official Autumn Carnival media accreditation
- To apply for media accreditation, please visit australianturfclub.com.au/media-accreditation
- Media accreditation is at the absolute discretion of the Australian Turf Club and Racing NSW
- Media accreditation is only intended for working media
- Media accreditation is non-transferable and will not be issued to anyone other than the person named on the confirmed application
- A Sydney Autumn Racing Carnival ‘media accreditation pass’ is a colour coded card and lanyard indicating areas of permitted access that must be displayed on the accredited media member at all times
- Accredited media must present their pass to security or an ATC staff member to access restricted areas if their pass permits that access. If the relevant pass cannot be produced, access will be denied
- Any content captured by accredited media can only be used for editorial or news purposes. The content is not authorised for any other purpose including public relations, promotional, commercial or entertainment use. The ATC reserves the right to request content including video or photographic images from any accredited media representative for the Club’s own use and at its discretion. Accredited media contributing to a subscription based platform or website must provide ATC with single use access free of charge
- Any ATC staff member, including agencies representing the ATC, can request to see Media Accreditation at any time during the Longines Golden Slipper Day and The Championships. Should a member of the media not hold the relevant accreditation, either their equipment may be confiscated, or the person may be removed from the racecourse
- ATC reserves the right to revoke accreditation at any time and for any reason before and during the event
- All accredited media must remain behind allocated barriers, fences or designated ropes before and after each race and follow the directions of ATC officials or security
- While reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate all valid accreditation applications, priority will be given to recognised media organisations with demonstrable circulations and/or audiences. Local area media outlets will be the first to receive special consideration outside these guidelines. The ATC reserves the right, at any time, to limit the number of people who have access to media centres and restricted areas
- Any accredited media using radios on course during the Autumn Carnival must inform the ATC which radio frequency they will be using on raceday at least 24 hours before the start of the raceday
- Applications for media accreditation will close at 5pm AEDT on Friday, 4 March. No requests for media accreditation will be actioned after this time
- There will be a “zero tolerance’’ policy for any physical or verbal abuse by media directed to anyone on course during a raceday, with accreditation to be immediately revoked at the discretion of ATC or RNSW
- All media granted access to the Dismount Yard at Rosehill Gardens and/or Royal Randwick are required to attend a safety briefing on raceday at a time to be advised. Failure to attend the safety briefing will result in access to the Dismount Yard being denied
AUDIO AND AUDIO-VISUAL MATERIAL – BROADCAST
- Sky Racing and Channel Seven are the official broadcast partners of the Sydney Autumn Racing Carnival
- Other than Sky Racing, Channel 7, the ATC and RNSW, no live broadcast or streaming of video is permitted anywhere on the grounds of Rosehill Gardens and Royal Randwick, including media centres, except where written permission has been provided by the Chief Executive Officer or Chairman of the ATC or RNSW
- Filming in Restricted Areas by any person other than staff representing an official broadcaster, the ATC and/or RNSW is forbidden, except where express written permission has been provided by the Chief Executive Officer or Chairman of the ATC or RNSW
- For the purpose of these terms and conditions, Restricted Areas include all horse movement areas listed below:
- Dismount Yard
- Theatre of the Horse (Royal Randwick only)
- Raceday horse stalls
- In addition to Restricted Areas, the filming of ‘horse flesh’ including racing coverage (refer to point B.10) and in horse movement areas by any person other than staff representing an official broadcaster and/or the ATC or RNSW is forbidden, except where express written permission has been provided by the Chief Executive Officer or Chairman of the ATC or RNSW
- Sky Racing and Channel Seven will make the racing coverage available to non-rights holder television and online outlets
- Any interviews with industry participants must be conducted after Sky Racing and/or Channel Seven commitments have been fulfilled and these must take place outside of horse movement areas
- Other media are permitted to film non-racing coverage (colour vision) outside horse movement areas (refer to point B.11)
- Use of live streaming platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Periscope, YouTube, Meerkat or any other streaming apps and/or programs will result in immediate forfeiture of accreditation
Classification of Vision
- Racing vision is defined as all vision or sounds of any horse activity, including racing, racing-related activities such as horse dismount and mount during the Sydney Autumn racing Carnival. For the avoidance of doubt, media are not permitted to capture any footage of horse flesh, other than broadcast partners, Channel Seven and Sky Racing
- Colour vision is defined as all images and sounds taken at Rosehill Gardens or Royal Randwick during the Sydney Autumn racing Carnival that is not racing coverage. This could include fashion moments or general atmospheric vision.
- Camerapersons and talent from non-broadcast partner outlets and their branded property must never be seen in a Sky Racing or Channel Seven filming line of vision
- Camerapersons from non-broadcast partner outlets must check areas prior to filming so not to obstruct Sky Racing and Channel Seven cameras. This includes items such as branded microphones or voice recording equipment, cameras, bags etc.
PHOTOGRAPHY & CAMERA OPERATORS
- Photographs and vision must not be used for commercial use, unless approved in writing by the ATC or RNSW
- Photographers and camera operators must wear assigned vests at all times on racedays and when in restricted areas
- Accredited media must be respectful and considerate to all raceday patrons when capturing photographs or vision
- No photographers are allowed to walk through the official weigh-in area
- All non-broadcast partners’ TV network staff are not permitted in the dismount yard and must remain outside this area at all times
- Members dress regulations must be adhered to in order to gain access to the Members enclosure. Please refer to dress regulations here australianturfclub.com.au/members-dress-regulations
- Should any accredited media not adhere to the dress code they will only be allowed access to the general public areas
- The capturing of wagering or persons engaging in wagering activity is prohibited. This includes photos and vision (including wide shots) of activities such as money changing hands and machines
- Photography and filming is only permitted to include wide shots of selected areas and must not focus on one person unless a patron has provided their permission or permission has been granted by the ATC or RNSW
Filming or photography for the purpose of operating a wagering service or a news service that earns income from wagering advertising is not permitted except with the express written permission from the ATC or Racing NSW
- All produced content must be accurate and not misleading. It must comply with all ATC relevant policies and agreed positions. ATC policies can be amended at any time at the Club’s discretion.
- No person or business may imply a sponsorship or other association with the ATC that does not exist. It is a condition of entry to ATC venues including Rosehill Gardens and Royal Randwick Racecourse not to engage in ambush marketing
- Should any persons not adhere to the above terms, their accreditation will be revoked, and they will not be permitted access to ATC venues in future
For further information regarding media accreditation, please contact:
Hannah Jonas – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 0409 114 723
Thank you for your interest in the 2022 Sydney Autumn Racing Carnival programme.