13 Unmissable Highlights To Enjoy On Longines Golden Slipper Day
A definitive guide to Rosehill Garden's feature day this Autumn. Rescheduled to 27th March.
March 26, 2021
Ahead of the 65th running of the Longines Golden Slipper this Saturday, here’s an insiders guide on what to tick-off at Western Sydney’s biggest raceday this Autumn. Gates open at 10.30am for members and 11am for everyone else.
- Step up and step out in your raceday best and enter the Longines Prize For Elegance fashion competition online or on-course in the Old Betting Ring for your chance to win a stylish Longines watch. A prize will be awarded to one lucky female and male. You don’t even have to be on track to win. Get some inspo from our 2021 Autumn Style Guide.
- Ok, so this one is only for the lucky few in the Slipper Club where Sokyo’s Chase Kojima will be cooking up a storm for guests. We’ve not eaten Kingfish Miso Ceviche and Wagyu Flank Steak before but we’re beyond excited.
- That’s not to say that guests will go without a sensory sensation in general admission. Grab a bite from Eats at the Gardens located in the Old Betting Room and treat your taste-buds to delicious treats from Wally’s hotdogs or Philly Cheese Steaks. Guests in the Playground can also try out the delectable street food vendors including Suns of Napoli, Greek Street, G’Dup Burgers and the ridiculously tasty offering from Satay Brothers.
- Memorabilia junkies can stock up on commemorative merch in the Old Betting Ring.
- Ladies pop into the make-up touch-up station while stylish gents get their shoes shined in the Old Betting Ring.
- If you’re in The Playground make sure you catch tunes from headline DJ Lara Fraser from 3.00pm. We have a few remaining tickets at $60.
- Ahead of the big race, get up close with the Longines Golden Slipper Trophy and get snapped – remember, no touching!
- Quench your thirst by visiting stylish pop-up bars. Discover a world of possibilities with bubbles and beats at Destination Chandon, or pop open prosecco at the De Bortoli Wines Prosecco Bar, and to quench your thirst enjoy a refreshing beer from the XXXX Bar.
- Get up close to wonder-mare Winx when you visit the new Winx Statue on your way into the racecourse located adjacent to the main walk from the Might And Power Entrance. It’s truly spectacular and more than a little poignant.
- Hear Home and Away star actress Penny McNamee perform the national anthem ahead of the Longines Golden Slipper. Catch the songstress perform at just before 4pm.
- And of course, Longines Golden Slipper Day is all about the world-class racing. Headlining the day is of course the richest race for two-year-olds, the $3.5 million Longines Golden Slipper. It’s also Australia’s biggest day of Group 1 racing (the most prestigious class of racing), with an astonishing FIVE Group 1 races. Here’s where to watch the horses on a raceday (we recommend a visit to the evocative day stalls). If you are watching from afar we’re on Channel 7 (under the watchful eye of broadcasting doyen Bruce Mcavaney) and Sky Racing. Study the form on our downloadable racebook or here.
- Replacing Jon Stevens – who has a gig elsewhere on his tour on this rescheduled Slipper date – will be a party band Furnace and the Fundamentals. Due to Covid restrictions, it’ll be a seated gig but Furnace will be rocking out the Old Betting Ring behind the main grandstand after the last. From The Beatles to Beyonce, Queen to Daft Punk, The Lion King to Dirty Dancing and everything in between – this band is unlike anything you’ve seen before.
- Head to our sister venue, Rosehill Bowling Club for a nightcap. It’s just across James Ruse Drive (use the bridge!). They have $10 espresso martinis – a guaranteed winner.
MEET SYDNEY’S LEADING MILLINERS
This season’s runway headwear to inspire trackside fun, elegance and glamour from Sydney’s leading milliners Viktoria Novak, Neil Grigg, Ann..
A NEWBIE RACEGOER’S GUIDE TO BETTING AND RACING
Placing a bet on a horse can be an exciting experience. While there is no guarantee to picking a winner,..
Recent ArticlesRead all news
Five Questions With An Equine Dentist
Just like humans, horses teeth continue to grow throughout their lives. Therefore it’s vital for them…
STAR JOCKEYS AND MISSILE STAKES LAUNCH NEW SYDNEY RACING SEASON
The Australian Turf Club hosts a celebration of jockeys past and present at Royal Randwick…