September 19, 2019
The spectacular seven-week Everest Carnival, featuring over $40 million in prizemoney, led by the world’s richest turf race, the $14 million The TAB Everest and the new $7.5 million Golden Eagle, officially launched this morning, with a stylish Champagne brunch for media and the who’s who of racing and fashion at Royal Randwick.
To mark the event, official ATC Racing Ambassador, Seven Racing Expert and former Group 1 Jockey, Katelyn Mallyon, recreated today’s Daily Telegraph shot wearing a beautiful Velani flowing dress on-top of rearing retired racehorse Mr Bean, dazzling guests.
Hosted by TAB’s, Gerard Middleton, the Everest Carnival launch was held at Pony Palms, a new Palm Springs-inspired oasis where Sydney’s first trackside pool was unveiled along with high-profile DJ acts including house duo, Yolanda Be Cool, the finest in hospitality offerings featuring custom built bars by Heineken, Chandon, all-new poolside private cabanas and the Colgate Optic White Smile Studio.
Official Everest Carnival Ambassadors and Channel Seven’s Home And Away stars, James Stewart and Sarah Roberts attended alongside racing elite including Peter Snowden, winning co-trainer of the last two Everest editions with Redzel, Godolphin Head Trainer, James Cummings, Sydney Premiership Winning Jockey, James McDonald, famed chef partner of The Estate, Guillaume Brahimi, and a plethora of style leaders including Everest Carnival stylist, Jess Pecoraro, star milliners Nerida Winter and Viktoria Novak and official ATC Beauty Expert, Michael Brown.
This morning’s Champagne brunch further showcased the abundance of new activations and precincts that Everest Carnival racegoers can look forward to such as The Estate the ultimate destination for corporate and VIP guests at the races, TAB Country Club featuring croquet, custom-built Heineken bars and a big screen; Harrolds Fashion Chute featuring a photography studio and glam beauty touch-ups by Runway Room.
On display for guests to admire was this year’s $437,000 Everest trophy, designed by renowned jeweller Nic Cerrone featuring 7777 black diamonds symbolising the increasingly high stakes of the impressive 1200m event and the exhilarating Carnival atmosphere across coming weeks.
Guests tasted treats from Guillaume Brahimi’s The Estate menu including a spanner crab sandwich with coriander mayonnaise, sausage rolls with truffle, and jamon and gruyere toasties. All of these delicacies
were accompanied by Moet & Chandon served in the iconic Moet goblets.
Jamie Barkley, ATC Chief Executive Officer said the Australian Turf Club is thrilled to welcome in the 2019 Everest Carnival, which commences with Colgate Optic White Stakes Day on Saturday 21 September.
“The Australian Turf Club is incredibly excited to launch the 2019 Everest Carnival, especially with a lucrative new spring program and many new offerings for racegoers including The Estate featuring The Manor and The Conservatory, Pony Palms, TAB Country Club, and elevated Harrolds Fashion Chute.
“We are much more than just horseracing we are a destination that offers a complete entertainment experience, including world-class racing, hospitality and fashion like no other in Sydney.
“The Everest Carnival has experienced significant growth year-on-year since inception three years ago and we look forward to welcoming all guests trackside.”
Key talent who attended the Everest Carnival Media Launch:
• Annabel Neasham, Assistant Trainer Ciaron Maher Racing
• Abbey Gelmi, ATC special guest and Seven Racing Expert
• Cathy McEvoy, Racing Talent
• Corina Black, ATC Executive General Manager of Commercial
• Erin Holland, Model and Influencer
• Gerard Middleton, TAB Presenter & Event MC
• George Mullen, Royal Randwick Executive Head Chef
• Guillaume Brahimi, Chef Partner for The Estate
• Heath Harris (Harris Entertainment), master trainer of retired racehorse Mr Bean (by More Than Ready)
• Jaimee Rogers, TAB Presenter
• James Cummings, Trainer, Godolphin Australia
• James McDonald, Sydney Premiership Winning Jockey
• Jamie Barkley, ATC Chief Executive Officer
• Jess Pecoraro, ATC Everest Carnival Stylist
• Katelyn Mallyon, former Group 1 Jockey, ATC Racing Ambassador and Seven Racing Expert
• Matthew McGrath, ATC Chairman
• Michael Brown, Celebrity Hair and Makeup Artist, ATC Beauty Expert
• Nerida Winter, milliner
• Nic Cerrone, Jeweller and The TAB Everest Trophy designer
• Peter Snowden, Co-Trainer Snowden Racing (won the past two Everest’s with Redzel)
• Roshali Kaul, Harrolds Womenswear Buyer
• Sarah Roberts and James Stewart, Channel Seven’s Home And Away stars, Everest Carnival Ambassadors
• Viktoria Novak, milliner (stocked at Harrolds)
The third annual Everest Carnival is shaping up to be bigger than ever this year, championed by the world’s richest race on turf, the $14 million The TAB Everest on Saturday 19 October and the inaugural Golden Eagle Day at Rosehill Gardens worth $7.5 million on Saturday 2 November.
For more information of The Everest Carnival including hospitality and ticketing visit: theraces.com.au
Social media: @ATC_Races #EverestCarnival #FunOnTrack #RoyalRandwick #RosehillGardens
Recent ArticlesRead all news
PUNTERS TARGET VALUE IN XXXX WJ MCKELL CUP AT ROSEHILL GARDENS
The Listed $150,000 XXXX WJ McKell Cup continues Sydney’s series of middle and long distance…
ATC FOUNDATION AWARDS $200,000 IN FOURTH ROUND OF DONATIONS
The Australian Turf Club Foundation has approved a further $200,996 in donations to a range…