7 UNMISSABLE HIGHLIGHTS ON CHANDON GOLDEN ROSE DAY
September 23, 2022
The Sydney Everest Carnival heads to Rosehill Gardens for Chandon Golden Rose Day.
Here are 7 things you don’t want to miss when you’re at trackside. Gates open at 10.45am for members and 11.00am for all other guests with race 1 at 11.55am.
1. Grab a Golden Eagle Trophy opportunity
Have your photo snapped with the Golden Eagle trophy at the media wall inside the old betting ring. This impressive trophy is a masterpiece created by Nic Cerrone and his team. It will be awarded to the winner of the $10 million Golden Eagle run on 29 October at Rosehill Gardens.
2. AFL Grand Final on the big screen
Enjoy the races and atmosphere while cheering on the Sydney Swans in the AFL Grand Final against Geelong. The Grand Final will be playing on a big screen in the old betting ring. There is also the opportunity to pre-book a spot in the All Star Sports Bar, an exclusive Aussie themed sports bar, which is perched high in the JR Fleming Stand featuring the AFL Grand Final on the big screen, uninterrupted views of the track to catch all the racing action and a complimentary beverage voucher per person.
3. Class field for the $1 million Group 1 Chandon Golden Rose Stakes – 4.05pm
A top-class field is lining-up in the feature race of the day, the $1 million Group 1 Chandon Golden Rose Stakes for three-year-olds. In Secret for Godolphin and James Cummings is the filly to beat after winning impressively last start in the Run To The Rose. The race also features Longines Golden Slipper winner Fireburn. Find fields for the 10-race card here.
4. Sing along with Carnival Karaoke
Join in with the crowd and sing along with Carnival Karaoke during the afternoon. Some crowd favourites will be played including on the big screen at 2.25pm and 4.15pm. There will also be a roving band for entertainment during the day.
5. Enhanced fare for racegoers
The ATC have enhanced 24 food & beverage outlets leading into Spring. With some great new initiatives we will also be bringing back some of the old favourites of the past.
- Members can head to the renovated Tulloch Café (Rosehill Gardens) to find boutique finger sandwiches including the iconic crab, house-made signature desserts and fine coffee.
- The Brie & Brindle Cheese and Wine Bar (Rosehill Gardens) provides shared platters and artisan cheese and salumi from predominantly New South Wales producers.
- The Palms (Rosehill Gardens) will serve market fresh seafood cooked to order including the popular Furphy beer battered fish and fat chips.
- Eats at the Gardens again will showcase Sydney’s finest street food vans throughout Carnival.
6. Snap, post and win
Who doesn’t love a good prize? Snap a photo with Grainshaker Australian Vodka or NED Australian Whisky’s roaming giant polaroids and tag @grainshaker or @nedwhiskey on Instagram to go in the running to win 5 General Admission passes to Golden Eagle day for you and your mates! Must be following to win.
7. Destination Chandon
Visit Destination Chandon located on the ground floor of the J R Fleming Stand and enjoy beautifully crafted sparkling wines.
Book early and save to ensure you are part of the Sydney Everest Carnival. This is where stories are made.
Recent ArticlesRead all news
$2 MILLION THE INGHAM CELEBRATES ICONIC RACING FAMILY AT ROYAL RANDWICK
The second running of the Group 2 $2 million The Ingham along with three listed…
ATC TO INVEST $5 BILLION TO FUTURE-PROOF RACING INDUSTRY
The Australian Turf Club (ATC) will invest up to $5 billion into racing and racing…