The Octagonal Clubhouse is located in the Malt Shovel Tap House within the surrounds of Royal Randwick Racecourse. Along with full service wagering facilities form TAB and leading bookmakers, other highlights include;
- Full bar offering with beer prices as low as $6.00 a schooner
- Gourmet sandwich and wrap menu each day
- Excellent Audio and Visual feeds incorporating numerous odds display screens, electronic bookies boards and large plasma television screens broadcasting races covered by Sky Racing.
- Comfortable seating within the Malt Shovel Tap House and out onto the Octagonal Lawn
The Octagonal Clubhouse will operate Wednesday through to Sunday each week. Prices and access may vary on race days.
Opens: 30 minutes prior to the first race held in the Eastern States.
Closes: 15 minutes after the last race held in the Eastern States.
Bar service will operate 12.30pm – 5.30pm on all days extending to 12pm-6pm on Saturdays.
BOOKMAKER BETTING OBLIGATIONS
Bookmakers will accept wagers on all thoroughbred race meetings run in NSW, Victoria, Queensland and South Australia, which are covered by the NSW TAB. Wagers at other venues will be considered upon application. Auditorium bookmakers are obliged to lay horses to lose the following amounts at all NSW and Interstate meetings being covered in the Auditorium:
- NSW & Vic Metropolitan Gallops and Saturday Metropolitan meetings in other states – Win Only – $5000
- Metropolitan Gallops @ Provincial venues and all other States Non Saturday Metropolitan meetings- Win only – $3000
- Provincial Gallops (NSW) – $2000
- Country Gallops (NSW) – $1000
- All Other Venues – $500