10 Unmissable Moments at Golden Eagle Day
October 29, 2021
The Everest Carnival party heads to Rosehill Gardens this Saturday for Sydney’s West’s pinnacle day of the carnival, Golden Eagle Day, headlined by the $7.5 million XXXX Golden Eagle.
It is set to be a huge day as Sydney’s West get their chance to celebrate the return of spectators on track. Gates open at 10.00am for members and 10.30am for all other guests.
- It’s your final chance to win a share of $25,000 in cash and prizes by entering our Spring Fashion Stakes Competition. Whether on-track or at home, simply upload your photo no earlier than 7am on Saturday and by 3pm to be in the running. Don’t forget to go glam and go gold, as gold is the colour of the day. You can check out our style guide for extra inspiration.
- Grab a bite from Eats at the Gardens located in the Old Betting Room and treat your taste-buds to delicious treats from some of our favourite food trucks Greek Street and Philly Cheesesteak and Burgers. Mouth-watering homemade burgers will also be available at the Running Rails on the Ground Floor of the JR Fleming Stand.
- If you’re a Member be sure to head to our recently re-vamped cafes – Surf and Turf have will be serving up fresh market seafood at the Palms Brasserie on Level 1, Two Sips located at the Tulloch Cafe on Ground Floor has all your cafe favourites covered – from homemade sandwiches to pastries and buttermilk scones. But if salumi, cheese and wine are more your vibe, head to Bird Cage Deli and Wine Bar on Lower Ground for your fix.
- This year, Golden Eagle Pins are going digital! Get your Golden Eagle Digital Pin now to support mental health charities, with 100% of proceeds going direct to mental health charities.
- Get up close with the XXXX Golden Eagle trophy and have your photo taken in the old betting between 10.00am and 12.30pm.
- Quench your thirst by visiting stylish pop-up bars. For those in General Admission, visit the new XXXX Bar, located trackside to get your hands on the official beer of Rosehill Gardens, while Members can visit the Chandon Garden Spritz Sparkling Bar and Four Pillars Cocktail Cart on Ground Floor of the Grand Pavilion.
- Get up close to wonder-mare Winx when you visit the new Winx Statue on your way into the racecourse located adjacent to the main walk from the Might And Power Entrance. It’s truly spectacular and more than a little poignant.
- Get local with a welcome to country by Aunty Julie Jones, plus local artist Jade Toleafoa will perform the national anthem at 4.25pm
- The XXXX Golden Eagle (Australia’s third richest race) runs at 4.50pm with a field of 18 runners. If you are watching away from the track tune in to Channel 7, Sky Racing or view our live stream and study the form here.
- Head to our sister venue, Rosehill Bowling Club for a nightcap and round of pool with friends. It’s just across James Ruse Drive (use the bridge!). They’ll be serving up a special menu for one day only, plus $10 cocktails (including Espresso Martinis, Aperol Spritz and Makers and Ginger).
Haven’t got your hands on Golden Eagle Day tickets yet? You can book your last minute tickets here.
CELEBRATING AT HOME
Those who can’t be trackside side still have plenty of ways to get involved and not miss a thing from the day.
- Enter the Fashion Stakes Competition to win a share of $25,000 in cash and prizing. Open to females, males and household categories from 7.00am to 3.00pm.
- Don’t miss a minute of the racing action live on Channel 7, Sky Racing or our live stream of the day’s action here.
- View our guide on how to get the most out of your at home celebrations, including recipes, fashion tips and a downloadable party pack.
- Don’t forget to show us how you’re celebrating by hashtagging #FunOffTrack on social media for your chance to win Raceday hospitality for 4 people in the Winning Post Restaurant at Rosehill Gardens, valued at $520 and XXXX Prize Pack inclusive of case of XXXX Gold, case of XXXX dry, towel, esky and shirt, valued at $423
Recent ArticlesRead all news
$2 MILLION THE INGHAM CELEBRATES ICONIC RACING FAMILY AT ROYAL RANDWICK
The second running of the Group 2 $2 million The Ingham along with three listed…
ATC TO INVEST $5 BILLION TO FUTURE-PROOF RACING INDUSTRY
The Australian Turf Club (ATC) will invest up to $5 billion into racing and racing…