10 unmissable highlights on Golden Eagle Day
October 26, 2022
The Sydney Everest Carnival continues at Rosehill Gardens on Saturday for Golden Eagle Day showcasing the best of Sydney’s west. It brings together world class racing and the most creative in fashion, food, music and entertainment.
Here are 10 things you don’t want to miss when you’re at trackside. Gates open at 10:00am for members and 10:30am for all other guests with race 1 at 12:10pm.
This is Western Sydney’s biggest party and this year’s theme is Gold, Gold, Gold! We encourage all racegoers to get in the spirit by wearing a touch of gold. Head to the old betting ring for the After the Last performance, a DJ set from Rudimental.
- Golden Eagle and NRL trophy photo moment Have your photo snapped at the media wall inside the old betting ring with the Golden Eagle trophy and the iconic Provan-Summons Trophy won by the Penrith Panthers. The impressive Golden Eagle trophy is a masterpiece created by Nic Cerrone and his team. It will be awarded to the winner of the $10 million Golden Eagle.
- XXXX Golden Eagle – 4.45pm First run in 2019 the $10 million XXXX Golden Eagle for four-year-olds is the second richest race in Australia. A field of 20 runners line-up to compete for the big prize purse with $1 million (10 per cent) donated to the charity of choice by each runners connections. Light Infantry trained by Ciaron Maher and David Eustace will be ridden by Jamie Spencer and is the TAB favourite. Superstar jockey Frankie Dettori is traveling from the UK to ride Welwal for Chris Waller.
- Enter the Spring Fashion Stakes 7am-2pm Step up and step out in your raceday best and enter the Spring Fashion Stakes in with a chance to win a share of $30,000 in cash and prizes. Simply snap a portrait photo of your raceday outfit that showcases everything from shoes to headwear and accessories. Upload your photo via the entry form which is open 7am – 2pm on raceday.
Keep an eye on our social channels, or the big screen if you’re on course for the ‘Winners’ announcement. We have three categories featuring ‘Best Dressed Female’, ‘Best Dressed Male, and the new ‘Show Stopper’ category. Golden Eagle ambassador Mel McLaughlin will also be helping to judge alongside ATC’s Fashion Stylist Donny Galella and milliner Ann Shoebridge. Check out Donny Gallela’s top five trackside styling tips.
- FOMA Fashion Show – 1.25pm in the old betting ringThe ATC has partnered with Fabrics of Multicultural Australia (FOMA) to host a free multicultural spring racewear fashion show to celebrate cultural diversity and fashion.
The unique and stunning show will feature models from a variety of diverse backgrounds including First Nations, British, Afghan, Latin American and Ukrainian, wearing unique pieces from the below inspiring fashion designers:
- Wendy Scully – Australian English – Founder, Wendy Scully Millinery
- Maryam Oria – Australian Afghan – Founder, Sakena the Label
- Eliana Gamboa – Chapman – Australian Latin American – Founder, My Paloma
- Anya Hurwood – Australian Ukrainian – Founder, Anya Hurwood
- Free trackside Gold Party Explore the free trackside Gold Party, a stylish lawn featuring pop-up bars, DJs and roving entertainment. It will be one of the places to be on Golden Eagle Day and one of the best places to be up close to enjoy the racing action.
Click here to view the Sydney Everest Carnival Rosehill Gardens map.
- The Glam Site – old betting ringStep inside The Glam Site, a precinct to ensure you look your best all day long! With hair and make-up artists on hand for quick touch ups, a perfume parlour for a refresh, fashion illustrators ready to sketch your raceday look and race day essentials.
- Indulge in Raceday FareThe ATC have enhanced 24 food & beverage outlets leading into Spring. With some great new initiatives we will also be bringing back some of the old favourites of the past.
- Members can head to the renovated Tulloch Café to find boutique finger sandwiches including the iconic crab, house-made signature desserts and fine coffee.
- The Brie & Brindle Cheese and Wine Bar provides shared platters and artisan cheese and salumi from predominantly New South Wales producers.
- The Palms will serve market fresh seafood cooked to order including the popular Furphy beer battered fish and fat chips.
- Eats at the Gardens again will showcase Sydney’s finest street food vans throughout Carnival.
- Punters Podium – Ground floor of JR Fleming StandThe ATC Punters Podium is back! The team from Racing and Sports are partnering with the ATC to ensure everyone on course has a chance of a collect.
Tipster from R&S will be situated on the ground floor of the JR Fleming Stand at Rosehill Gardens and give previews of the day, tips for the main races and of course updates of all their key bets and results. They will also have some great merchandise to give away to lucky punters so be sure to check them out in person.
If you’re unable to do that, never fear, all updates for the ATC Punters Podium will be available online and through @aus_turf_club on twitter.
Shares for the Punters Podium will be available from ALL TAB ONCOURSE OPERATORS up until around 15 mins before Race 5. For as little as $10 per ticket you can take a stake in a pool that these professionals expertly wager across races 5-9 each day, including all the major races.
- Dance away the day to a DJ set by hit UK band Rudimental Hit British band Rudimental will be performing a DJ set after the last; they bring an eclectic and dominant sound that is sure to impress. The band has enjoyed great success since their breakthrough hit, Feel The Love, in 2012 with 25 million singles and 3 million album sales worldwide. The performances will take place ‘After The Last’ with the free concert included for all racegoers including members and general admission ticket holders.
- Continue the celebrations at the Rosehill Bowling Club Continue the party and head back to the Rosehill Bowling Club and rock the night away to Western Sydney’s famous “The Radiators”. A hard-hitting metal pop band who are sure to provide a phenomenal end to a great day of world class racing and entertainment.
This is where stories are made.
Recent ArticlesRead all news
THE AGENCY EXTENDS PARTNERSHIP WITH AUSTRALIAN TURF CLUB FOR A FURTHER THREE YEARS
The Australian Turf Club (ATC) is pleased to announce its partnership extension with The Agency…
Royal Randwick and Rosehill Gardens Kick Summer Season into Free Fun
The Australian Turf Club’s summer festive season kicks off with back-to-back meetings at Royal Randwick on Friday and…